Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dog Beach




Ran Shackleton down to the dog beach and he was loving it.  Running with his favorite toy and showing off to all the other dogs.  I tossed his ball out to sea a few times and he swam right out there to bring it back in.  I decided to really heave it out there and gave it my best throw and ended up with the rope still in my hand and the ball about 40 yards out.  Shackleton raced out after it while I thought about the consequences.  As soon as he reached the ball he tried to grab the rope in his mouth, of course without any success.  He kept at it all the while pushing the ball further out to sea.  Meanwhile I was taking off my shirt and shoes and swimming out to get to him before he made his way to Catalina.  He was pretty far out by the time I reached him and I could tell he was tripping out that he couldn't grab the ball.  I threw the ball towards shore and he kept after it.  Chilly and wet drive home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go shakelton,,,,,Go... he is one strong dawg.....